Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Off the wagon-

Today I kind of fell off the wagon. My calories are still O.K., but I ate something decadent, containing 470 calories and 26 grams of fat. Since beginning this journey, I have religiously avoided all fast food. But today my willpower was weak.

I had nothing planned for dinner tonight and my son texted me to ask if I would get him McDonalds. I hesitated, but ultimately opted for an easy dinner solution. I stopped on the way home from work and found myself ordering a Filet of Fish sandwich for myself.

It was sinfully delicious. I savored every bite of the fried fish sandwich. I didn't leave one drop of tartar sauce behind either. I knew that my calories for the day were fairly low, and I just couldn't help myself.



Now the guilt sets in. Most items off McDonald's menu are not on the good calorie list. This was the most reckless food decision I have made to date. I am a little worried about staying disciplined after this setback. Still, I have a kitchen full of good foods and worthwhile calories.

I need to see this momentary lapse as motivation to have a great day tomorrow. Yeah, that's it: today is my reason to do better tomorrow.

Hang in there. Nobody is perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment