Monday, February 21, 2011

Just a Fad

Anything that seems too good to be true, probably is.

Fad diets and quick fixes are everywhere. The problem is that they are what they seem:
weight loss plans that become popular for a short time and then disappear just as quickly.

I have generally kept away from diet programs that seem too crazy to make sense. I have found more than a few ridiculous eating plans in my quest to reach Thinville.

Any diet that limits you primarily to a single food or type of food, like grapefruits, cabbage or mostly meat will generally become very boring. I like most foods, but being encouraged to eat ANY one food over and over again is not really very exciting or motivating. Even if I could eat pizza every day, sooner or later I would be ready for a change. Variety still helps keep me on track.

Any diet that uses the words cleanse or detox is generally a bad idea. Most of the time, it means some kind of liquid fast is involved. It usually means extreme bathroom visits are involved too. Again, not real exciting.

Diets that promise losing many pounds in a short amount of time are also difficult to stay with for any extended amount of time. My efforts to jump start my trip to Thinville with quick weight loss fads have failed every time. Drastic changes to eating patterns rarely work.

I know now that quick fixes don’t work for me. Effective weight loss for me means having variety, flexibility and choices. Being a slave to food will never work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment