Friday, February 11, 2011

Control Creates Confidence

So few things about our lives can be confidently controlled or determined by our actions. Being intentional about my food intake each day offers me an element of control over my future. This control factor may be one of the most overlooked benefits of taking this journey.

I can say, with assurance, that lessening the amount of calories I eat will lead to losing weight. After 5 weeks, my scale displays evidence that I am 10 pounds lighter. Having control over this aspect of my life not only builds my confidence, but encourages me to work diligently towards my weight loss goal.



I look forward to the benefits of being a leaner version of me. Shopping for the clothing styles I enjoyed in years past will be one of my greatest joys. The summer season will be enjoyed to a much greater degree when I am able to wear warm weather clothes with confidence.

There is great satisfaction in working towards a goal that is achievable. Accomplishing this weight loss goal will bring me a sense of assurance that I have longed for in recent years.

Most dreams are achieved with determination. Each of us has some control over our destiny.
Destination: Thinville!

"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination."
~ Tommy Lasorda

No comments:

Post a Comment