Sunday, February 27, 2011

Steady Limit

Today I found a definite 'speed limit' for my journey.

My plan is to lose 1-2 pounds a week. Although I have been cutting back on the foods and calories I am eating, I have not focussed on an actual number of calories to eliminate from my diet each week. Today I found my limit:

To lose 1 lb. of fat, you need to burn 3,500 calories more than you consume. Therefore, I need to reduce my calorie count by 500 calories a day. By reducing my calorie intake each day, it should be easy to lose 1 lb. a week.
If I take in fewer calories than I need, my body will start to use up its extra fat to get the extra calories it needs to keep functioning properly. Over time, this will result in weight loss. Bingo!

Exercise can help me burn off some additional calories too. It is important not to eliminate my favorite foods or starve myself.
Regardless, the basic weight loss rule still applies:

Extra calories means extra pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment