Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Road Block Ahead


It’s too early to hit a road block. Seven weeks into this journey and my weight is holding steady at a 10 pound weight loss. The good news is that I am not gaining weight. The bad news is that I am not losing any either.

I’ve heard about people hitting a plateau, but not this early in the process. 10 pounds will simply not do. It won’t get me into skinny jeans or skimpy summer dresses.
It definitely won’t get me into the bathing suit of my dreams.

So where do I go from here? I had hoped to average a loss of at least 7 pounds a month. Right now, I have less than a week to lose 4 more pounds. My options are clear. I have to ramp up the exercise and buckle down on my diet. Both options are challenging with the weekend approaching fast.

Getting beyond road blocks is always a challenge. Sometimes we have to go around and sometimes we have to just break through. Either way, I have to ask myself how badly I want to reach my destination. Where there's a will, there's a way.
Stand by for updates...

No comments:

Post a Comment