Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Zumba Zoo!

Tonight was my first Zumba experience.

I know I am getting on the Zumba Bus later than most people, but I had to see what all the fuss was about. This was my first foray into the energetic dance class. It was also the largest exercise class I've ever participated in, with over 70 people in attendance. I should note that the class was offered for free at my church and we packed the front lobby with women of all shapes and sizes.

My impression of Zumba was positive. It was not too difficult to catch on to the moves and the time went quickly. I think there also must be an unwritten rule that Zumba music should be very loud. I've heard the music pulsing from the exercise room at our local rec center and tonight the rythmic beat shook the walls of our church like thunder from above. There's also lots of whooping and squealing during Zumba, which I'm not quite comfortable with yet.

I am hoping to attend this weekly event again next week. I rarely get this 50 year old body moving that much after 5PM, but I am looking forward to doing it as often as possible now.
If you are up for some saucy Salsa moves, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment