Sunday, February 20, 2011

Perseverance

This weekend I have been diligent about walking off a few calories. I know that a brisk walk does not burn off as many calories as a high cardio workout. Still, I feel good knowing that I did get outside and got my muscles moving.

I have been able to include 2 days of intentional exercise each week since starting this journey. It hasn't been enough to impact my weight loss tremendously, but I am trying to include some physical activity each week. Eventually I hope to increase my exercise goals.

My focus, thus far, has been on food. I have been very deliberate about planning and watching my meals and calorie intake. As I reach more weight loss goals, I hope that my fitness goals will also increase. Ultimately I want to shape this body into a well-toned machine.

It may be a lot to expect six pack abs and Madonna's arms, but making dreams come true is what this journey is all about. Anything is possible with perseverance.

Perseverance- noun.-
Steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement.
Caption: You Can't Let Go and Still Win

No comments:

Post a Comment