Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Step One

I am turning over a new leaf. The days of denying that I am gaining 5 pounds every year are over. It is time to admit that my body just isn’t burning off calories the way it used to.
Step One. Map out a course to Thinville. Yes, I have to choose the food I will take along the way and my method of travel. I will have to keep a daily log of everything I eat and do along the way, but it has to be done if I am going to eventually make Thinville my hometown.
I considered paying for a tour guide, but decided to try to map out the trails myself for a while. Luckily, I found a free online guide to help direct me along the way and keep me accountable. I found Self magazine’s website: Self.com. http://www.self.com/. Jillian from ‘The Biggest Loser’ has a Jump Start Diet link that provides all the things some weight loss programs charge for. I found food ideas, food and exercise logs, and daily tips to keep me going.  Best of all, I was able to enter all my beginning weights and measurements so that I can track my progress.  I like having calories counted for me and I feel guilty if my logs aren’t up to date. So, I am on my way to Thinville with determination.

The future depends on what we do in the present. - Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment