Saturday, January 15, 2011

Smoothie Day

It's Smoothie Saturday!
Today I gathered up my favorite fruits and prepared some homemade smoothies.

It doesn't take much to make a  low calorie, yummy smoothie. It sure helps to be able to open the fridge and have my own ready made flavors on hand too. When I  make  my own, I know there is no added sugar too.

Today I made my two favorite smoothie flaovrs:
Strawberry /Banana
Strawberry/ Blueberry
Note: There are also lots of yummy smoothies made with carrots and other veggies!
http://www.smoothiesrecipe.com/

A good smoothie always needs something to thicken it up. The two best options are yogurt or tofu. Yogurt is, in my opinion, easier to store. However,  tofu adds protein and that is always a bonus.

So with blender in hand I mixed together bananas, strawberries, vanilla yogurt, ice and a little milk (although water works too). The bluberry version is simply substituted in place of bananas- but it isn't quite as sweet.

I always drink one immediately and then store the rest for my next craving. If I am lucky, my teenage son doesn't drink them all up first.

Variety helps and smoothies are somehow fun! Stick a straw in your glass and Happy Slurping!


Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment