Wednesday, January 26, 2011

100 Calorie Club

I have become obsessed with checking the calorie count on nearly everything I eat now. Along the way, I have discovered that there are lots of 'calorie bargains' out there. I get very excited when I find a tasty treat that is 100 calories or less. It is like finding a designer purse on the sale rack!

A friend, who is on Weight Watchers, recommended some sweet treats to me. Every time she told me about another item, I asked her about the calories. What I am slowly realizing is that I am becoming a devoted member of the 100 Calorie Club.

There are actually quite a few food items, both sweet and snackable, that have 100 calories or less. You can find many prepackaged 100 calorie snack packs in the cookie and cracker aisles at the grocery. Jell-O Pudding has some yummy flavors that are only 60 calories per cup. I try to keep them in my fridge at all times.

Today, I took my friend's advice and went hunting for some of the items she told me about.
Here are a few of the items that I found:

• Progresso Light Soups – 100 calories PER portion (1 can is 2 portions)
• Vita Tops (in the freezer section)- 100 calories for each muffin top/ great flavors too
• Multi Grain Sandwich Thins- 100 calories each -great for sandwiches and high fiber too



Now that I am a confirmed member of the 100 Calorie Club, I plan to seek out more bargains along the way. I hope others will share their 100 Calorie discoveries as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment