Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bumpy Road

Most long journeys ultimately lead to encounters with roads that are under construction or are in need of repair. My current journey happens to be riddled with bumps, potholes and delays.

Every time I seem to be speeding up, I run into a bump in the road that slows me down. Sometimes it is bad weather that prevents me from getting outside to exercise. Other times it is giving in to a food that I just can't resist. Once in a while, I just get lazy and want to coast down the road. Most of the time it boils down to the fact that I am not staying self-disciplined enough to stay on the smooth part of the road.

I can't seem to avoid the areas that slow my pace.

Still, I am certain that I will not turn back or give up on this journey. I refuse to give up. I need to set my GPS for Thinville and follow the directions that lead me to my destination along the fastest route. It's all about avoiding the bumps that hinder my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment