Saturday, April 23, 2011

Buckle Up

I have to admit that for the last few weeks I have been slowing down in the right lane while driving to Thinville. My efforts have been steady, but I haven't moved into the passing lane or made any progress losing pounds.

I have not been as disciplined about counting my calories lately. As a result, I am maintaining my current weight - instead of losing pounds.

It is too easy to drive along and not pay attention to my speedometer. Today I realized that during the past 4 months, my average weight loss has only been about one pound per week. That is not terrible, but I had hoped to be about 5-10 pounds lighter at this mile marker.

My beach vacation is only 4 weeks away, and I still can't imagine trying on any bathing suits yet.

The logical next step for me is to buckle up and head into the hammer lane.

I need to speed things up and make some definite efforts to eat less calories and burn additional ones. Yes, that means being more disciplined about eating AND exercising.

However, I am learning that small goals are achievable! Working towards the next milestone of 5 pounds is totally do-able!

I hope some of you can also look ahead 4 weeks and see yourselves 5 pounds lighter. I plan to buckle up and get down to business
I'm sure that seatbelt will fit a lot more comfortably by then too!

No comments:

Post a Comment